Old 20-07-2009, 12:49 PM
mario axisa mario axisa is offline
Registered User

Location: Malta, Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
mario axisa wrote:
I tend to have very pale green leaf plants, which I believe are due to
deficiencies in soil content. What should I check the soil for? What
nutrients, preferably in natural form (such as composting) should I
consider adding? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

What plants?

What is your soil like?

What is you climate like?

David
The type of plants are decorative outdoor ones, like a Pittosporum and a Cycas Revoluta amongst others. The climate is a Mediterranean one, relatively hot and humid. It tends to be relatively dry most of the year.

As regards the soil, it tends to be pale brown in colour, does not seem 'rich' to me. From what I can guess, it is deficient in certain nutrients, iron amongst others. I would like to have a second opinion from an experienced gardener before adding fertiliser or anything else. Thanks.