Old 20-07-2009, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Killing off algae/moss

On 16/07/09 23:46, Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"mo" wrote:

I am about to repaint our concrete shed, along the bottom
it has some green growth - algae/moss or some other kind of crap

I had a Dulux masonry paint leaflet and they suggest using
their product to kill off this growth before painting

Any ideas on the cheapest way to do it - and is it only a temporary thing?

I would scrub it with bleach, but only if I wasn't planning to grow
anything in the soil close to the shed.

Does bleach kill algae/moss?