Old 20-07-2009, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale Jeanne Stockdale is offline

Default vine weevil

wrote in message
How can I get rid of vineweevil in my greenhouse----- Thanks

We had a serious infestation a few years ago - in grow bags containing
strawberries. We carefully dug out the plants that had not been killed off,
washed the roots to ensure no grubs remained, potted on (in pots) into fresh
compost. Then got rid of all the old grow bags, and transplanted the potted
plants into new growbags - again washing the roots just to be sure. We then
applied nematodes in Autumn and Spring and (fingers crossed) finally
eradicated the problem.

It was a lengthy process but worth doing

Jeanne