Old 21-07-2009, 06:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Westland Bug Attack Defence

In article ,
J R HARTLEY wrote:

Hi,
I'm quite new to edible gardening and this year I have grown from seed
some Californian Wonder Pepper plants and a Scotch Bonnet plant. I
noticed recently though, that they have a lot of black flies on them
and some of the leaves have curled up slightly, so I bought some
insecticide spray - "Westland Bug Attack Defence" - the only thing is
that rather foolishly I sprayed the plants and THEN read the
instructions only to find a line of text which says (not to be used on
edible plants) - D'oh! Now I know that some plants are probably more
affected such as lettuce (?) but how critical do you think this may be
for pepper plants which are only just at the flowering stage?

You believed them when they said this product would get rid your pests
(no mention of collateral damage), but now when they warn against eating
the sprayed plants, you doubt them? Bwahahaha. I think this is what is
called the Darwinian moment. Go ahead and make my day ;O))) Bwahahahaha
--

- Billy

"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is
now subjected to contact with dangerous chemicals, from the moment of
conception until death." - Rachel Carson