Old 21-07-2009, 12:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Can I plant a new tree or bush in the same spot that I pull a tree out??

"busbus" wrote:

This brings up another question....

"This" what?

I have this feeling there is some sort of borer in the tree because I
see fine sawdust at the base of one of the trunks. I cannot find a
hole anyplace but there has to be if there is sawdust.

if I chop all three trunks down tot he ground, do y ou think I could
get a few suckers to grow? Would those suckers be decent looking
trees? Or am I just having a pipe dream??

It's not likely that a "borer" will directly cause a tree to die, at most it
will cause a weakness for decay to take a foothold, but that could take many
years and that kind of damage is almost always easily repairable. When you
say your tree is "dying" you've given no description of what causes you to
say that... and you still haven't said where you're located nor have you
posted pictures of your tree... until you do so all anyone can offer you is
wild speculation.