Old 21-07-2009, 12:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim[_19_] Jim[_19_] is offline

Default Reduce pine cones from douglas fir?

JimR wrote:

fixed attributes.........

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires
manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer
cones?

Since it's a Douglas fir, they're not pine cones, they're fir cones --

Try hydrogen sulfate

Under the right pH conditions the hyudrogen will be released, the cones will
absorb the hydrogen, become lighter-than-air and drift away to your
neighbor's yard. Problem solved.

Trader can tell you how to adjust the pH.

is it better to just LOL at the uninformed and leave it at that or
is it ok to misinform them in their already confused state?