Old 22-07-2009, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Chainsaw replacement choice - Makita or Husqvarna?

Chris Green wrote
My old Bosch chainsaw has died after several years of hard use, no
complaints really but I'd quite like something a little better (easier
to use, more ergonomic, etc.) to replace it.

I have narrowed the choice down to two:-

Husqvarna 321EL
Makita UC4030A

Both are new models with the motor 'lengthways' so they're much
slimmer than most electric chainsaws. They're pretty similar as
regard specification - 16"/40cm bar, 2000 watt motor, 4.4kg., about
£150 with the Husqvarna being a little more expensive.

So does anyone have any comments about either or which might be the
better buy. I'm quite happy to think about other chainsaws in the
same sort of price range (or less).

I have a Makita cordless hand drill and a Husqvarna petrol strimmer and both
are well made and have been reliable over the years.
Husqvarna are probably only second to Stihl for petrol chainsaws so any
chainsaw from them should be good. A Husqvarna dealer will also carry spares
IME (not that I've needed any).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden