Old 22-07-2009, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chainsaw replacement choice - Makita or Husqvarna?

Bob Hobden wrote:
A Husqvarna dealer will also carry spares
IME (not that I've needed any).

I've got a Husqvarna petrol chainsaw. I made the mistake of not draining
out the chain oil between uses and now it doesn't lubricate the chain
properly during use. I've given it a good clean but cannot find the
cause of the problem short of doing a major dismantle. On more online
investigation I've heard of people having problems like this before and
the oil pump or whatever it is seizes up if the oil is left in! Not sure
if this is just a Husqvarna problem or a chainsaw issue in general. I
must say the saw itself seems reliable and quite robust. It took a while
to master starting it though - choke fully out, one pull, choke half in
then pull until it starts, then close choke when up to speed! Easy once
you know how, otherwise a real pain in the a***.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.