Old 22-07-2009, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Storms and fire

Judith in France wrote:
On Jul 22, 8:58 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my
baskets look as if they will never recover. Branches are broken on
mature trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20
minutes from here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this
direction unless it can be brought under control. Our fire service
is so efficient, they have to be as we are in the Foret National
Livrados. I have every confidence it will be out in a couple of
hours otherwise half the village have said they are coming into our
pool!! :-)

Judith

Hope all goes ok.....take care
--
Pete C
London UK

Thanks Pete, how is your lottie, did the C.Lucifer bloom and lastly
how is Lewis coping?

Judith

Lottie is full of mares tail,
circumstances preventing me getting there as often as I'd like. Still,
eating runners and spuds from it, and broccoli in a fortnight.
C. Lucifer..........there is no sign
Lewis has ups and downs, but overall is doing ok thanks. I'll drop you a
mail soon.
--
Pete C
London UK