Old 22-07-2009, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Storms and fire

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half

Judith
Old 22-07-2009, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:31:16 +0100, Judith in France wrote
(in article
):

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control.

snip

I'm so sorry to hear that Judith. The wind can be evil sometimes.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 22-07-2009, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-22 17:31:16 +0100, Judith in France
said:

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! :-)

Judith

Ugh - fire, very scary! I hope it's gone very quickly.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 22-07-2009, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Judith in France wrote:

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! :-)

Judith

More bullshit fantasy land crap from you. You only posted that to say
you had a pool. It's all shite - like the "Judith in France" wank.
Old 22-07-2009, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 22, 5:55*pm, Sally Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:31:16 +0100, Judith in France wrote
(in article
):

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. *Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. *

snip

I'm so sorry to hear that Judith. *The wind can be evil sometimes.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

It's calming down a bit now thanks Sally; now I just have to find my
chooks, probably been bowling through the village today. You did me a
great favour BTW introducing me to your cousin, through her a few of
my friends also have bought the same thing.

Judith

Old 22-07-2009, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-22 17:31:16 +0100, Judith in France
said:

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. *Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. *Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. *I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! *:-)

Judith

Ugh - fire, very scary! *I hope it's gone very quickly.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'm watching the local news, they say it is under control.

Judith
Old 22-07-2009, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 22, 6:00*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:31:16 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. *Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. *Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. *I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! *:-)

Our local fire service is fully occupied with a mysterious of outbreak of fires
in garages selling expensive gas guzzlers. Call me a cynic but I suspect arson
)

I suspect the same, call me a cynic too.

We are also having a series of thunderstorms

You and I often experience the same weather, just a few hours apart.

Judith
--

Martin

Old 22-07-2009, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Mark wrote in message ...
Judith in France wrote:

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! :-)

Judith

More bullshit fantasy land crap from you. You only posted that to say
you had a pool. It's all shite - like the "Judith in France" wank.

Could be true Mark because it rained here today and a pot got smashed in the
garden when them little *******s next door kicked their football over the
fence. They aint getting it back.

Old 22-07-2009, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! :-)

Judith

Hope all goes ok.....take care
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 22-07-2009, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 22, 8:58*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. *Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. *Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. *I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! *:-)

Judith

Hope all goes ok.....take care
--
Pete C
London UK

Thanks Pete, how is your lottie, did the C.Lucifer bloom and lastly
how is Lewis coping?

Judith

Old 22-07-2009, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Jul 22, 8:58 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
[...]

Lottie is full of mares tail,
circumstances preventing me getting there as often as I'd like. Still,
eating runners and spuds from it, and broccoli in a fortnight.
C. Lucifer..........there is no sign
Lewis has ups and downs, but overall is doing ok thanks. I'll drop you a
mail soon.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 22-07-2009, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 22, 9:32*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
On Jul 22, 8:58 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
[...]

Please do. When did you plant C.Lucifer they should be well up by
now? My runners are not ready yet but I am being swamped by French
beans. Hugs to Lewis.

Judith
Old 22-07-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-22 19:14:50 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-07-22 17:31:16 +0100, Judith in France
said:

We have had a storm raging overnight, pots are smashed and my baskets
look as if they will never recover. *Branches are broken on mature
trees and to cap it all there is a fire in Haute Loire 20 minutes from
here, the wind is fanning it and it is headed in this direction unless
it can be brought under control. *Our fire service is so efficient,
they have to be as we are in the Foret National Livrados. *I have
every confidence it will be out in a couple of hours otherwise half
the village have said they are coming into our pool!! *:-)

Judith

Ugh - fire, very scary! *I hope it's gone very quickly.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'm watching the local news, they say it is under control.

Judith

Is there some kind of warning system if it moves further in your
direction - something like an air raid siren, for example?