Old 23-07-2009, 10:58 AM
gardenplanters gardenplanters is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M. Cook View Post
I can't do much about the heat here in SoCal. Even the shade is 92F today
and literature says peppers drop over 90F. So my bell peppers have started
to drop their buds and small fruit. I have several larger peppers holding
their own. The plant is not stressed, it gets water every day and needs it,
the nights have been rather warm and the days in the low 90s. I gave them
all a drink of magnesium this morning - 2 tablespoons for a gallon of water.
What else can I do? The one that drops the most buds is in a 5 gallon white
bucket. Could the roots be getting too hot? I was thinking about wrapping
some foil around the bucket.

Hi,
Your plants are heat stressed.

Optimum temperatures fall between 70 degrees and 80 degrees F. for
bell-type peppers.

You will lose fruit, but you will have a crop. Welcome to the wonderful
world of agriculture.I think your best course is to cut back on your watering (to avoid rot
rot), unless the top soil is dry.
http://Garden-Planters.com