Old 23-07-2009, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ping. Martin. From a poster on another group!

On Jul 23, 3:56*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:48:51 +0100, "Ophelia" wrote:
Recipe for Lime CHUTNEY (good with cheese and cold meats, especially cold,
roast pork)

Ingredients:
12 limes
2 cloves garlic
2 inch piece ginger
3 green chilies
12 ozs sugar
half pint vinegar

Method:
Wash limes, chop into small pieces, make sure you collect any juice when
chopping, remove any pips.
Finely slice the garlic, ginger and chilies.
Mix together everything except the vinegar.
Cook over a low heat until mixture is thick.
Add the vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cool and bottle.
Store for at least a month before using.

There's a coincidence! In the mean time I had already found that one with
google.

Thanks anyway.
--

Martin

Now you say!!!!!! Mind you I'm glad she found it as I shall do that
with lemons.

Judith