Old 23-07-2009, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ping. Martin. From a poster on another group!

Recipe for Lime CHUTNEY (good with cheese and cold meats, especially cold,
roast pork)

Ingredients:
12 limes
2 cloves garlic
2 inch piece ginger
3 green chilies
12 ozs sugar
half pint vinegar

Method:
Wash limes, chop into small pieces, make sure you collect any juice when
chopping, remove any pips.
Finely slice the garlic, ginger and chilies.
Mix together everything except the vinegar.
Cook over a low heat until mixture is thick.
Add the vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cool and bottle.
Store for at least a month before using.

Old 23-07-2009, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 23, 3:56*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:48:51 +0100, "Ophelia" wrote:
Recipe for Lime CHUTNEY (good with cheese and cold meats, especially cold,
roast pork)

Ingredients:
12 limes
2 cloves garlic
2 inch piece ginger
3 green chilies
12 ozs sugar
half pint vinegar

Method:
Wash limes, chop into small pieces, make sure you collect any juice when
chopping, remove any pips.
Finely slice the garlic, ginger and chilies.
Mix together everything except the vinegar.
Cook over a low heat until mixture is thick.
Add the vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cool and bottle.
Store for at least a month before using.

There's a coincidence! In the mean time I had already found that one with
google.

Thanks anyway.
--

Martin

Now you say!!!!!! Mind you I'm glad she found it as I shall do that
with lemons.

Judith
Old 23-07-2009, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 23, 4:46*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:42:34 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 23, 3:56*pm, Martin wrote:
[...]

It might be even nicer to mix limes and lemons.
--

Martin

Do you know, I buy lemons in bulk as I use them a lot in day to day
cooking, a squirt here, a squirt there, seriously I could not do
without lemons in the kitchen. Limes are another matter, I have to
travel to the nearest big town to find any and they are expensive.
Now tell me Lidl sell them cheaper?

Judith
Old 23-07-2009, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

It was very kind of Greg to respond to my request on your behalf.

ping Martin in Zuid Holland Pam Moore[_2_] United Kingdom 4 09-04-2014 04:58 PM
ping Martin 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 5 01-09-2011 06:04 PM
Ping Martin Judith in France United Kingdom 4 09-06-2009 07:26 PM
Far East group poster: was Hyacinth Experiment Mike Patterson Ponds 1 18-05-2004 05:06 AM
Transplanting Trees...New gardener...New poster kahunamo Gardening 3 03-06-2003 05:32 PM