Old 26-07-2009, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Asiatic Lily (Corns/Corms?)

"StephGarden" wrote in message

Hi All

I am about the cut back my Asiatic Lily and noticed there are some new
growth coming from the stem and leaves, are they called corns or
corms?
I did see something on this on BBC Gardeners World about re-planting
them but cannot find anything anywhere.

As you can probably tell I am new to gardening.

Can anyone help?

I wait until the lilies have died completely back then dig the bulb in late
fall and carefully separate the bulblet and replant. These babies seem to
take 2-3 years before they start blooming. I don't know if this is the
'right way' to do this but it works for me.

Val