Old 26-07-2009, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Cordyline roots?

"Jonathon" wrote in message
I have a 4 year old Cordyline now exceeding 12 feet in height. What -
at the moment - is the likely root spread?

Another one is three yrs old and now exceeds six feet. What is its
likely root spread?

I ask because I have concerns over possible drain damage.

Thank you

Jon

I dug one up of a similar size (12') and the root ball was about 3 foot
diameter. It was mostly a mass of fine roots with the tap root going down as
a continuation of the trunk. Not at all like a normal tree.

mark