Old 26-07-2009, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Purple Sprouting Broccoli

Aries writes
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 18:15:01 +0100, mark wrote:

Sown in the spring and I'm now harvesting the purple sprouting bits.

I wasn't expecting anything until the winter/next spring.

Is this usual?

mark

There are two kinds of purple sprouting broccoli, one sprouts in the late
Summer/Autumn and the other in the following Spring.

Are they different kinds, or does it just depend on when you sow?

My summer sown spring sprouting purple sprouting is still sprouting, and
my neighbour's spring sown is just starting to sprout.
--
Kay