Old 27-07-2009, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default What's wrong with my apple tree?

In article ,
sherwin dubren wrote:

Billy wrote:

And your problem with seeking local, expert advice is . . . ?
Maybe if you gave yourself a good squirt of Imidan, you'd feel better
doo ;O)

Billygoat,

If I think I have an answer to a problem, I don't send people running
off to seek further help.

The original poster was very clear in describing the symptoms and even
sent a very clear picture of the malady. There was no question in my
mind that the problem is apple scab.

Why bother having a forum. Just build in a standard reply to all
poster problems to take it elsewhere to their local experts. If
nobody in this group had an inkling to an identification, sure it
might require a hands on examination, but that is not the case here.
I have also had problems getting information about fruit growing
problems from my local botanic garden. Most have little or no
background in fruit trees. I have sometimes received help from
a university researcher, but it was not easy to reach him.

Again, I repeat, you never send people off to 'experts' with things
you supposedly are knowledgeable, like vegetables. You have some
compulsion to give advice, even if it something you know nothing
about.

As for spraying, what do you propose to fix this problem, if it is
indeed apple scab. Maybe some organic fairy dust?

By the way, there are organic sprays for fruits. In this case, she
could use copper sulfate as a fungicide and this is organic. I think
you are the one with Imidan on the brain.

Sherwin

Still FUBARED, Doo? Doing that doo, Doo, that you doo so well?

So what is your degree in, Doo? Upon what do you decide that your
guesstimates don't require a review by professionals? Even if you were a
professional, most don't feel as threatened as you do with a second
opinion. Why don't we give posters the full range of options, instead of
just the world according to Doo?

Hell, give yourself 2 squirts ;O)
--

- Billy

Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.* ~Channing E. Phillips

Israeli Settlers Attack Palestinian Land
http://i2.democracynow.org/2009/7/22/headlines#7

http://i2.democracynow.org/2009/7/22/headlines#7