Old 27-07-2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Darrell Ulm Darrell Ulm is offline

Default Jerusalem artichoke, where to plant

Hello. We have a root of dated Jerusalem Artichoke in the
refrigerator. Where is a good local to plant this? It would be great
to have a flowering 'food' just spread it's way across an area. We've
heard that a baking flower can be made from the roots. Has anyone ever
tried this?

Also, is there any other Zone 5 perennial that could be planted and be
classified as an edible staple food, like a perennial potato (not that
one exists!) Thanks!

Darrell Ulm