Old 27-07-2009, 12:26 PM
cortes0505 cortes0505 is offline
Registered User

Hi there,

My girlfriend is from Bangladesh. She was very excited to see a pumpkin plant in my back yard, and she insisted that I must eat the leaves. We cut about a dozen leaves. Don't take older, large leaves. Medium size, newish, are best. Wash the leaves. In a skillet (I used a round bottomed one, I think they're called a kadai) heat some oil. Cut up some garlic and onion. Sautee the garlic and onion until the onion is clear, slightly brown. Cut up a green chile or two, according to desired level of heat, and add. Add the leaves and some ground turmeric. Cook thoroughly. There should be enough moisture in the leaves to keep the entire mixture moist, but you can add a spoonful of water or two if needed. When very well cooked, serve over hot rice. Eat it the indian way, with your fingers, for best results. Delicious!