Old 27-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Hedgeman Hedgeman is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Greetings all.

I live in Eastern Oklahoma (Zone 7) and am looking for a plant to use
as a hedge/screen to shield about 250' of my property from the sight
of traffic (and hopefully abate some of the noise) on a nearby road. I
have privets there now which do a fairly good job until they lose
their leaves in the fall.

Any ideas or suggestions on what to plant that would be fast-growing
and drought resistant preferably native to the area.

Thanks in advance.

--Stu
If Cyress does not catch your fancy (no too clever if you make a mistake clipping it) and if you are prepared to plant a non native, take a look at laurel. It is a fantastic screen against road noise and light pollution from lassing cars - none better, it grows just about anywhere and is practically bombproof once established.
John
http://www.ashridgetrees.co.uk