Old 29-07-2009, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default What's On Our Food?

On Jul 26, 10:12*pm, Charlie wrote:
Scary.

http://whatsonmyfood.org/

Charlie

I'm a retired chemist and have been amazed by advances in chemical
detectability levels over the years.
Several years ago it was difficult to detect under a part per million
easily observable materials such as arsenic but today they can detect
parts per trillion of many things.

Personally, I'm not afraid of a ppt of anything but there are those
that gasp at the fact that something noxious is in their food. I had
a Canadian official tell me once that he did not want a single
molecule of any chlorinated organic compound in the water that he was
drinking. It was not a time to educate him on Avagadro's number.

I'm healthy and entering my seventh decade this year and as a chemist
have been exposed to some of the most toxic substances known to man
including what was said to be the most potent carcinogen.