Old 29-07-2009, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Green manure with leeks?

On 2009-07-29 17:03:25 +0100, Derek Turner said:

The jersey royals are being harvested and the leeks are ready to follow
them in. I thought of putting a green manure between the leeks to act as
ground cover and be dug in next spring. Any suggestions? I'm thinking
trifolium or clover?

Ah but you're late with your mids you by cri'. ;-)) I know almost
zero about veg. growing but wouldn't the green manure compete with the
leeks for nourishment from the soil? Eh?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com