Old 30-07-2009, 09:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwin dubren sherwin dubren is offline

Default Mix only the amount of Sevin to be used ????

Pete E. Kruzer wrote:
I have a couple Zinnias and two Rose bushes that are starting to get
Japanese Beetles eating them.
I bought the Sevin concentrate. The directions say to mix only as much
as you're going to use. Why?
I was going to mix about 14 ounces of Sevin/water. I won't be able to
use it all. Why can't it be stored?
If you buy the ready to use spray bottle (32 ounces) I won't be able
to use all of it at one time. But I
can store/keep it. Seems to me I should be able to do the same with
the Sevin I mix.

Careful Pete, the 'Orgies' will get you.

I also checked the label and it does say to not mix any more
than you intend to use. I'm not sure why, but maybe
the mix loses it's effectiveness with time. I know
some chemicals will lose their potency in just a few
hours.

Hope this helps,

Sherwin