Old 30-07-2009, 11:38 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Im a novice gardener.
My container grown clematis is just finishing its second lot of flowers and I would like to know what to do next please?
Some of the stems have gone woody and look to be dead but when I broke one yesterday they are still quite green inside despite some withered leaves.
Its been lovely this year and I would like to look after it well so any help would be greatly appreciated please.
Its been in the same 2 foot deep ceramic jardinere now for the last couple of years if thats any use to you.
Thanks again to all of you in anticipation.
Depends on the type of clematis. The label that came with it should have told you the pruning regime. If you still know the name, I advise googling for it and follow the information you find.