Old 30-07-2009, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Mix only the amount of Sevin to be used ????

Pete E. Kruzer wrote:
I have a couple Zinnias and two Rose bushes that are starting to get
Japanese Beetles eating them. I bought the Sevin concentrate. The
directions say to mix only as much as you're going to use. Why? I was
going to mix about 14 ounces of Sevin/water. I won't be able to use
it all. Why can't it be stored? If you buy the ready to use spray
bottle (32 ounces) I won't be able to use all of it at one time. But
I can store/keep it. Seems to me I should be able to do the same with
the Sevin I mix.

It's because they care.

They think you're an idiot who will store the leftover mix in a milk jug
someplace where the kids can get to it -- like in the refrigerator. Or
more likely, forget what's in your sprayer and then use it on something
where it's not "listed".

You still might do that (no offense.) But now if you try to sue them
for damages or wrongful death or something, they can say "you didn't
follow the clear instructions on the label"

Bob