Old 16-04-2003, 12:44 PM
dave gore 2002

Default Moving standard roses

Dave g asked

we have just moved house and took from the garden 3 standard roses to our
new garden, we took real care transporting them and very carefully dug them
up and planted them in their new holes with compost and made sure they were
well watered in but all 3 are looking decidedly jaded and droopy, although I
know it's bit late to ask now but did we do things correctly?, the soil in
the new house is far better than the old one but the roses flourished in the
old house and we are afraid we might have lost them which would be more than
a real shame as all 3 have sentimental value

we have been watering them well every night but any advice anyone can give
us would be very much appreciated

Dave