Old 30-07-2009, 07:27 PM
bluebelly bluebelly is offline
Registered User

Question please help identify

Hi all - I have a small bush/tree in the garden I bought house last year and now for 2 seasons I have yet to see it flower or do something. June time it has loads of the buds shown in image but again as last year they have all but one vanished, either I have incredibly intelligent wildlife or my neighbours are pinching them, if it's wildlife I can start to protect them but I am unsure. The buds are firmly attached to the branches so I woudn't have thought they would fall off, they are about 2 inches long.

I have no idea what the tree/shrub/bush is (I am new to gardening since buying my house which has a very estabilished garden) so any help would be great.

I have uploaded an image for you to view.

http://img124.imageshack.us/i/0001140.jpg/

Thanks in advance