Old 30-07-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Reviving Shrubs

On Jul 30, 9:05*pm, (Dave) wrote:
My mum brought over some shrubs from her garden to be planted in mine
last Saturday.
They had been dug up about 4 hours earlier and put into black sacks. I
planted them straight away, if the names mean anything, there were 2
Cotinus and a Sambucus Nigra Black Lace.
They were a bit limp when I planted them, perhaps being in sacks
didn't help. The 2 Cotinus aren't too bad, there are still some limp
leaves but the Black Lace has not recovered at all. The leaves have
drooped even more and have now dried out. They have been watered every
day since.

Can anything be done to revive them? I have to give a progress report
next Saturday and it's not looking good!

Dave

Prune the top growth as there is too much to support, can you keep
them in shade? Furthermore, just keep on watering, keep the top
growth pruned and hopefully they will be o.k. It's not a good time to
transplant anything but I have done it in this climate and succeeded.

Judith