Old 16-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Gary Woods

Default Wrinkly garlic

(Mark) wrote:

The bulb was, of course, small and not well-formed, but the thing that
struck me was that it appeared wrinkly and not full-fleshed.

Where are you?
When was it planted?

Most likely, the garlic hasn't even begun to think about forming a bulb.
It is a two-stage process, first growing foliage to manufacture food, then
bulbing up. You're probably just seeing the remnants of the clove that was
planted, which is getting consumed in the process.

Of course, mine is just coming up, with a couple of the known late starters
not out of the ground yet.

77 yesterday on my Upstate NY hilltop yesterday, lower 70s today, cooler
after. I can take it. Spring is irrevocably here!

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods