Old 31-07-2009, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Tomato disaster

On 31 Jul 2009 15:04:18 GMT, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:

My plants are all dying, apparently I'm not alone the whole New England
crop is being wiped out by Irish potato famine fungus.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...n ew_england/

I'm sorry to hear that. i had over 100 tomato plants succumb to blight
one year. I was able to keep some going and don't know if it was my
efforts or that a few plants were stronger. I used a strong garlic
based infusion to feed the tomatoes with, along with other herbs like
yarrow and comfrey.

i don't know if it's the same blight, but certain ones will stay in
the soil for several years.

Kate