Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark McIntyre Mark McIntyre is offline

Default Planting under a tree

Gribela wrote:
Hi, There is a single tall ash tree in a raised bed in my garden and at
the moment it's surrounded by weedy grass. It's in a sunny spot South
facing and not really shadowed by much with a tall wall behind it.
I'd quite like to plant something under the tree but I'm not sure what.
I had thought Bluebells, but I think it might be too sunny for them. Do
you have any ideas?

The tree will take most of the water out of the soil, I should think -
so choose drought-tolerant plants.

By the way, remember that wild bluebells are protected and its an
offence to dig them up.