Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Blossom end rot

"jeff" wrote in message
I've been getting what I believe is blossom end rot on my tomatoes.
Being a novice gardener I'm unsure just what is normal tomato growth.
Seems like the tomatoes stop growing at a certain point and after several
weeks the bottom of the tomato turns very dark.

I am wondering, is it okay to eat these tomatoes? I usually pitch mine into
the compost, but sometimes I catch the kids eating them (not the brown
part). If it's okay to eat the rest of the tomato, I'll go ahead and let
them.
--S.