Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_4_] Sally Thompson[_4_] is offline

Default Planting under a tree

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 07:26:09 +0100, Gribela wrote
(in article ):

Thanks everyone, I think I'll just stick with the bluebells then!
to each of your specific points:

Phil Gurr wrote:
Do you mean Scottish bluebells (hairbells) or English bluebells (wild
hyacinths)?

I'm thinking of English Bluebells

snip

By the way, remember that wild bluebells are protected and its an
offence to dig them up.

I'm buying them off ebay - the seller says they're cultivated, so I'm
offloading the responsibility on them

In which case, make sure you're getting English bluebells (Hyacinthoides
non-scripta) and not the dreaded Spanish bluebells. We have been given
"English" bluebells before which aren't, and which we keep in quarantine
until they flower to be sure! Many people just don't realise there is a
difference.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening