Old 01-08-2009, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Good bye July

On 2009-08-01 10:17:04 +0100, Dave Hill said:

Well that's July out of the way, and I for one won't be sorry to see
the end of it.
Here in my part of South Wales we finished with 17.1 inches of rain in
the month, and August has started with Rain, but we are told that
despite being wetter than normal August will be warmer.
I have noticed in the last couple of weeks a lot of new growth on
trees and shrubs, a lot of Pieris have a great show of Red again, and
this time no fear of frost to knock it back.
How was July for you?
David Hill

Mostly very wet! We've had the odd sunny or partly sunny day and
things have continued to be pretty busy but it seems a long, long time
since we had a genuinely good summer.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com