Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post
These are a couple of shrubs that I've passed on my travels that I don't
recognise. The first might be planted, or might be an escape; I'm
moderately certain that the second is an escape.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3778458540/

Viburnum davidii - If you are lucky, and have both a male and a female bush, you might get lovely blue berries. Otherwise it is a rather dull shrub.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3778458312/

Possibly an eleagnus, but it does not have enough individuality to make identification easy.

And also, while I'm asking, does anyone recognise this bellflower.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/3778458074/

??? Campanula portenschlagiana
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
That last irritates me as I planted a campanula last year, it is doing it stuff and looks like your photo, but can I now find its label???