Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Your Weather?

~ jan wrote:

We hit 108F here in the Columbia Basin of the PNW today (Saturday 8/1).

I went out early while the cherry tree still shaded the lily pond and
removed aging pads and spent blooms. So fun to see all the little wakin
babies swimming around me. Needless to say, once I got out and rinsed off I
hid in the house w/the AC till 8pm when I went out again to feed the fish.
It was still over 90F and now at 11:17pm 89F, guess I won't be sleeping
with the windows open tonight... yet again.s

How about you? ~ jan

Meanwhile, 'cross country in NY. We had the wettest July on record-
and our records go back 183 years. It wasn't terribly cool, so my
tomatoes are doing OK this year, but the high for the month, usually a
high 90's number, was 85. [April's high 90, May's 88, June's 86. . .
seems to be a weird pattern]

I like it. Could do with less rain- but it has been coming in
buckets, not constant drizzle, so we've had some sun to break up the
monotony.

Jim