Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim Hurley Jim Hurley is offline

Default Your Weather?

After weeks of very hot weather (mid- to upper nineties) that killed
my late-planted corn :{ we have had a lot of rain. Our acre pond
was down 10". Now it is at down 3" (depth 7'). I had not watered
the blueberries, so they shed most of their remaining berries :{ The
koi pond, on the other hand, is refilled by the toilet float valve and
held its depth just fine. The lilies and WH thrived! We toss arms
full of WH weekly to keep the new growth. The mature ones are now
fully 18". It is interesting, however, to see the difference between
those in the berm veggie filters (18" dark green) and those in the
main pond (yellow/green and not growing much). The koi love the roots
(especially since we are away a good bit and they don't get fed when
we are away.

Jim