Old 02-08-2009, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Marked tomatoes

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:17:19 +0100, "Elcee"
wrote:

Hi and thanks for the reply....well in answer to your questions , I am
growing Shirleys from a seed packet and the tomatoes are
ok inside but just small and why I am concerned is I am throwing half of
them away that are as I described marked
and the rest will not last long as we have to eat three times as many a meal
and of course the skins are a bit tough
with them being small.
Thanks again
Elcee

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 1 Aug, 13:09, ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:
On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 12:31:19 +0100, "Elcee"
wrote:

Hi to all,,,,,,,,hope you can help please,,,I have a problem with my
tomates, being at that most of them only get to the size of about 1 inch
dia.
and then turn red, they also feel rough with like a mosaic appearance.
I have cured the splits by reducing the watering and have my door and
windows open all the time.
Is there any reason for this.

You're growing Gardener's Delight?

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹

Taking it that you are not growing a small variety then the problem is
due to the flowers not being polinated, this produces what we used to
call "chats". When you gut them open there is no pulp and no seed
inside.
David Hill

You don't say if you are growing them outside or in a greenhouse.
In my experience Shirley don't do well outside and I'm a lot further
south than you.
I don't know if this is anything to do with it or not.

Pam in Bristol