Old 02-08-2009, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default anyone recognise these shrubs

In message , K
writes
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes

Did you mean Dicot06? I don't see any obvious reason to discount this
one as Viburnum tinus. (In life it didn't jump out at me as Viburnum
tinus, but I haven't noticed any of these recently.)

Not V tinus. Is it one of the large leaved shrubby cotoneasters? Eg
lacteus?

It doesn't shout out Cotoneaster to me either, but then I don't know
very many Cotoneasters. However, Stace says that Rosaceae have alternate
leaves; this plant has opposite leaves.

No idea on the campanula. Thought at first it was
poscharsky...whatever, but I think the leaves are wrong - rounder than
the pointed ovals on yours.

I've got another Campanula on the list of stuff to identify, which is
nearer to poscharskyana. (It doesn't look that far from carpatica
either.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley