Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Plum ripening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:21:21 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,
Mark McIntyre wrote:

Now they're off the tree, will they ripen? And if they don't, is
there anything we can do with them?

Not that I'm aware of except make green plum jam.

You could try chutney - not done it, but you generally use unripe
fruit for it.

I must make some more hot japonica chutney this year, and teach my
niece how. It's for people who (like me) find most chutneys too
sweet and with no kick. Just use japonica instead of apple (it's
a lot sourer), perhaps a fraction less sugar, and chilli to taste.

I used to make plum chutney which was very good. It was one of Delia' I
think.

How about black currant chutney?

lol I can't say I have ever come across that one You will need to
google