Old 05-08-2009, 02:53 PM posted to aus.gardens
atec 7 7[_2_] atec 7 7[_2_] is offline

Default When to pick oranges

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
Thanks that all makes sense, I would just hate to waste them, they look
fabulous.

I hope they go well , do you know which type ?

I have a nice peach tree from a very old breed which is going nuts and
every limb is laden with huge hard fruit... I sure hope the bats don't
get to them (Brisbane)

"atec 7 7" "atec wrote in message
Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
Hi

I am in Perth and have a heavily laden navel orange tree, I want to know
how do I know when the fruit is truly ripe.
Last year we picked fruit only to find they looked ripe but were still a
bit sour.
Thanks
Sandra

colour and feel , should be an even colour and of course not like a rock ,
then try one some oranges will always be a little tart but table
ripening helps