Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark McIntyre Mark McIntyre is offline

Default Bligh****ch

shazzbat wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

I have had an alert today that a "Full Smith Period" has been recorded
in my postal area, BS31. That suggests that blight may occur as a
result.
Quote from their site defining a Full Smith Period:
At least two consecutive days where min temperature is 10ºC or above
and on each day at least 11 hours when the relative humidity is
greater than 90%.

Oh well, it was to be expected after all this wet weather.

Same here (BH22). Fingers crossed.

Near Miss in OX2. Expect to get a Full period tomorrow.