Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bligh****ch

I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

I have had an alert today that a "Full Smith Period" has been recorded
in my postal area, BS31. That suggests that blight may occur as a
result.
Quote from their site defining a Full Smith Period:
At least two consecutive days where min temperature is 10șC or above
and on each day at least 11 hours when the relative humidity is
greater than 90%.

Oh well, it was to be expected after all this wet weather.

Pam in Bristol
Old 05-08-2009, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

I have had an alert today that a "Full Smith Period" has been recorded
in my postal area, BS31. That suggests that blight may occur as a
result.
Quote from their site defining a Full Smith Period:
At least two consecutive days where min temperature is 10șC or above
and on each day at least 11 hours when the relative humidity is
greater than 90%.

Oh well, it was to be expected after all this wet weather.

Same here (BH22). Fingers crossed.

Steve

Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

I have had an alert today that a "Full Smith Period" has been recorded
in my postal area, BS31. That suggests that blight may occur as a
result.
Quote from their site defining a Full Smith Period:
At least two consecutive days where min temperature is 10șC or above
and on each day at least 11 hours when the relative humidity is
greater than 90%.

Oh well, it was to be expected after all this wet weather.

Same here (BH22). Fingers crossed.

Near Miss in OX2. Expect to get a Full period tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 22:24:31 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

I have had an alert today that a "Full Smith Period" has been recorded
in my postal area, BS31. That suggests that blight may occur as a
result.
Quote from their site defining a Full Smith Period:
At least two consecutive days where min temperature is 10șC or above
and on each day at least 11 hours when the relative humidity is
greater than 90%.

Oh well, it was to be expected after all this wet weather.

Pam in Bristol

My allotment neighbours pulled up all their tomatoes today. Blight on
fruit and stems. This must be about the 8th year. I did not even
plant any this year, as it is so disheartening.

Pam in Bristol
Old 09-08-2009, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

Blight in Croxley Green Hertfordshire last week on INDOOR tomatoes and
outdoor tomatoes.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 09-08-2009, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Pam Moore
writes
I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

Blight in Croxley Green Hertfordshire last week on INDOOR tomatoes and
outdoor tomatoes.

So, does blight hit areas? What does it look like please?

Old 09-08-2009, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-09 00:37:04 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Pam Moore
writes
I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

Blight in Croxley Green Hertfordshire last week on INDOOR tomatoes and
outdoor tomatoes.

Blight in Wargrave, Berkshire in outdoor raised beds for third year
running. No more tomato-growing for me: waste of space.