Old 06-08-2009, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Plant ID please

In message , Spider
writes

"Clive Holden @hotmail.com" cliverholdenremove wrote in message
Hi all.

Can anyone please help me identify this plant. I've a couple of them
appeared in my borders this year. I've certinly not planted them myself so
presume they've seeded from the horse muck I mulched with earlier in the
year. They seem to grow to about 3ft tall. Not unattractive but I don't
particularly want too many more of them:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...5082009059.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...5082009058.jpg

TIA

Clive in Kent

It looks like one of the Rose Bay Willow Herb types. Attractive in flower,
good for wildlike .. atrocious weed in my garden. I'm constantly pulling it
out.

Spider

Aka the Railway Weed, I believe, because of it's tendency to grow on
embankments?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply