Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Bligh****ch

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 22:24:31 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

I subscribe to Bligh****ch
http://www.bligh****ch.co.uk/content/bw-Smith.asp

I have had an alert today that a "Full Smith Period" has been recorded
in my postal area, BS31. That suggests that blight may occur as a
result.
Quote from their site defining a Full Smith Period:
At least two consecutive days where min temperature is 10ºC or above
and on each day at least 11 hours when the relative humidity is
greater than 90%.

Oh well, it was to be expected after all this wet weather.

Pam in Bristol

My allotment neighbours pulled up all their tomatoes today. Blight on
fruit and stems. This must be about the 8th year. I did not even
plant any this year, as it is so disheartening.

Pam in Bristol