Old 06-08-2009, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default hydrangea

"Sacha" wrote
On 2009-08-06 18:28:17 +0100, Evelyn Usher
said:
Just checked up and its full name is Erysimum wallflower

Do you know, that did pass through my mind and straight out the other
side because I could imagine a nursery or gc shortening it to Erys but
it has nothing to do with Hydrangeas, so I do hope you weren't sold it
as such. It's the evergreen wallflower. I don't know Pere Wall, so
wonder if that part of the name is correct, too! I think your best
bet is to ring the place that sold it to you and get its full name
correctly. Possibly one of the best known Erysimums is E Bowles
Mauve.

Ah if Erys was Erysimum then 'Pere Wall' could also be an abbreviation
for Perennial Wallflower. Is it a case of the mixed up labels
phenomenon?
--
Sue