Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default hydrangea

Hi all

I have just taken delivery of Ery's Pere Wall a evergreen hydrangea

Problem is there is no planting instructions.

Can anyone help me?

--
Evelyn

www.ushad.co.uk
My aim in life is to be as good as my dogs think I am.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-05 19:51:56 +0100, Evelyn Usher said:

Hi all

I have just taken delivery of Ery's Pere Wall a evergreen hydrangea

Problem is there is no planting instructions.

Can anyone help me?

Can you check the name of that again? I can't find it in the Plant
Finder or anywhere else. But you're best asking the supplier for
planting instructions because then, if anything goes wrong, you've done
what they said.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 06-08-2009, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
Ery's Pere

I can not find it either, It may of course be very recent but it does not
show up in any plant data bases as a name for any plant.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 06-08-2009, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi there

Just checked up and its full name is Erysimum wallflower

Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-06 18:28:17 +0100, Evelyn Usher said:

Hi there

Just checked up and its full name is Erysimum wallflower

Do you know, that did pass through my mind and straight out the other
side because I could imagine a nursery or gc shortening it to Erys but
it has nothing to do with Hydrangeas, so I do hope you weren't sold it
as such. It's the evergreen wallflower. I don't know Pere Wall, so
wonder if that part of the name is correct, too! I think your best
bet is to ring the place that sold it to you and get its full name
correctly. Possibly one of the best known Erysimums is E Bowles Mauve.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
On 2009-08-06 18:28:17 +0100, Evelyn Usher
said:
Just checked up and its full name is Erysimum wallflower

Do you know, that did pass through my mind and straight out the other
side because I could imagine a nursery or gc shortening it to Erys but
it has nothing to do with Hydrangeas, so I do hope you weren't sold it
as such. It's the evergreen wallflower. I don't know Pere Wall, so
wonder if that part of the name is correct, too! I think your best
bet is to ring the place that sold it to you and get its full name
correctly. Possibly one of the best known Erysimums is E Bowles
Mauve.

Ah if Erys was Erysimum then 'Pere Wall' could also be an abbreviation
for Perennial Wallflower. Is it a case of the mixed up labels
phenomenon?
--
Sue

Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
On 2009-08-06 18:28:17 +0100, Evelyn Usher
said:
Just checked up and its full name is Erysimum wallflower

Do you know, that did pass through my mind and straight out the other
side because I could imagine a nursery or gc shortening it to Erys but
it has nothing to do with Hydrangeas, so I do hope you weren't sold it
as such. It's the evergreen wallflower. I don't know Pere Wall, so
wonder if that part of the name is correct, too! I think your best
bet is to ring the place that sold it to you and get its full name
correctly. Possibly one of the best known Erysimums is E Bowles
Mauve.

Ah if Erys was Erysimum then 'Pere Wall' could also be an abbreviation
for Perennial Wallflower. Is it a case of the mixed up labels
phenomenon?

There you go! Do you do crosswords, too?! I should certainly have
recognised that because that's just what it sounds like, a label that
got away. If a Nursery doesn't know what something is, is given an
unidentified cuttiing or is waiting to see what it turns out to be, it
can go into the prop. house with just such a label. In this case, it
sounds as if someone has sold it by mistake so the OP's only recourse
is to go back to the seller and ask what it is, if they know.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

Do you know, that did pass through my mind and straight out the other
side because I could imagine a nursery or gc shortening it to Erys

There's Erysimum perofskianum 'Gold Shot'
which is about the nearest.
There's a site with a list of varieties

http://www.oakcottage.org.uk/eris/031a.html

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 01:23 AM
hydrangea Sabaa Mundia Australia 6 19-06-2003 04:21 AM
Hydrangea petiolaris/Climbing Hydrangea pelirojaroja Gardening 2 21-04-2003 03:08 AM
Climbing Hydrangea Brs36 Gardening 5 08-04-2003 11:20 PM
Hydrangea - No Flowers Alan Terry United Kingdom 8 22-10-2002 05:45 PM