Old 08-08-2009, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul Paul is offline

Default Ants, still

Have been feeding these things now for quite a while. I started with Terro
liquid baits, 1 pack of six. As those were consumed, I used the empty
containers to re-fill with my own mix of 1 part Boric Acid and 3 parts of
sugar, mixed with a little water. They love this stuff, however it hasn't
stopped the flow of ants coming to get it. They do seem to go away for a few
days after a week or two, but then are back full force. Are they not getting
it back to the nest, or is it just not effective enough? Last summer I tried
mixing with peanut butter and that didn't work any better, however they
didn't seem as attracted to that as they are the sugar and water mix. Guess
I'm just doomed to have hoards of ants. At least I can lure, and control,
kinda, where they go.

--
Paul O.