Old 08-08-2009, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis.

In article ,
says...

Gopher;858790 Wrote:
In message
, Sacha
writes-
On 2009-07-30 10:01:39 +0100, Buzzard
said:
-
Im a novice gardener.
My container grown clematis is just finishing its second lot of
flowers
and I would like to know what to do next please?
Some of the stems have gone woody and look to be dead but when I
broke
one yesterday they are still quite green inside despite some withered
leaves.
Its been lovely this year and I would like to look after it well so
any
help would be greatly appreciated please.
Its been in the same 2 foot deep ceramic jardinere now for the last
couple of years if thats any use to you.
Thanks again to all of you in anticipation.-

Can you put a photo of it onto tinypic or something like that? If you

don't know the name, that is! If you do know the name, I'm sure
someone here will help you.-

I'd give as much info as you can then wait for Mr. Pridham. Size of
flower, colours, obviously name, if poss. He'll know!

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Deepest Dorset

Thankyou for your replies. Im sorry not to get back to you before now
but we were on our holidays.
The clematis is a Nellie Moser.
Id appreciate any advice on it please as to what to do with it now.
I suspect the compost is getting a little tired in the container by
now.
The flowers this year were smaller than the last few years but it was
still a lovely show.

--
Buzzard

Now is a good time to re pot, or you can scrape off and top dress the
existing pot (minimum pot size should be at least 10 lts, 25lts+ if you
want to leave it and not keep repotting, feed next spring and you can
tidy off any tatty ends as well, but you are a bit late for cutting back
this year so best left with a tidy.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk