Old 10-08-2009, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Identification: small plant with clover-shaped leaves

On 2009-08-10 16:19:54 +0100, Rob said:

Can anyone identify this for me please?

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/a...ver-Shape1.jpg

As

you can see, the stem - at the moment - is about 10 cms long.
There are three clover-shaped leaves joined at the top of the stem.
Its the seed bundle at the bottom that intrigues (and frightens !)
me.
I suspect it is a "cultivated wild flower" which has become a weed for
me.
Thanks in advance (and sorry if it is obvious . . .)

Some kind of Oxalis?
--

yup. we've got that all over the place. It's pinkish flowered presumably?
The 'seeds' are in fact tiny bulbs from which next years crop comes. If

Steve